In what has been one of the most controversial not live results shows in the entire history of Strictly, Melvin and Janette have been eliminated after Anastacia and Brendan were unable participate in the Dance Off due to injury. The production team made the decision to revert to the public vote rather than have Anastacia withdraw from the competition due to injury and as a result Melvin and Janette were eliminated.
Were the BBC right to revert to the public vote? Let me know your thoughts in the comments section or over on Facebook and Twitter or by voting in the poll below. You can also vote and tell me who your week 2 favourites were at the bottom of this post.
Were the BBC right to revert to the public vote in the week 2 Dance Off?
- No (61%, 426 Votes)
- Yes (39%, 271 Votes)
Total Voters: 697
You can relive Melvin and Janette’s short time on Strictly in the videos below:
Week 2: Who's your favourite? (choose up to 3)
- Danny and Oti (18%, 929 Votes)
- Louise and Kevin (15%, 784 Votes)
- Robert and Oksana (10%, 514 Votes)
- Tameka and Gorka (9%, 483 Votes)
- Ed and Katya (8%, 405 Votes)
- Greg and Natalie (7%, 354 Votes)
- Claudia and AJ (6%, 329 Votes)
- Will and Karen (6%, 324 Votes)
- Daisy and Aljaž (5%, 282 Votes)
- Laura and Giovanni (4%, 218 Votes)
- Ore and Joanne (4%, 190 Votes)
- Lesley and Anton (3%, 140 Votes)
- Anastacia and Brendan (2%, 121 Votes)
- Naga and Pasha (2%, 115 Votes)
- Melvin and Janette (0%, 21 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,277