Sorry this is a touch late but I wasn’t expecting these to be announced until next week. But in a bit of a surprise the BBC yesterday revealed the songs and dances that all 15 couples will be performing in the mammoth Saturday show during week one. So who is dancing to what? And just how hard has the BBC pun machine been working? Well I can reveal…..
- Alexandra and Gorka are Waltzing to (You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin
- Charlotte and Brendan will Foxtrot to The Best Is Yet To Come by Michael Buble
- Chizzy and Pasha will Cha Cha to Boogie Fever by The Sylvers
- Debbie and Giovanni will perform a Paso Doble to Be Italian by Fergie
- Gemma and Aljaz will Cha Cha to There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back by Shawn Mendes
- Mollie and AJ will Jive to Good Golly Miss Molly by Little Richard
- Ruth and Anton are Waltzing to This Nearly Was Mine (Seth MacFarlane version)
- Susan and Kevin will perform the Viennese Waltz to Mad About The Boy by Dinah Washington
- Aston and Janette will Foxtrot to It Had To Be You Harry Connick Jnr
- Brian and Amy will Tango to Temptation by Heaven 17
- Davood and Nadiya will Cha Cha to Dedication To My Ex by Lloyd ft. Andre 3000
- Joe and Katya are Jiving to Rockin’ Robin by Michael Jackson
- Jonnie and Oti will Waltz to When I Need You by Luther Vandross
- The Reverend Richard and Dianne perform the Cha Cha to There Must Be An Angel by the Eurythmics
- Simon and Karen will perform the Paso Doble to Song 2 by Blur
Complaints to the BBC
What do you think of the song choices and dances? As always you can let me know right here in the comments or over on Facebook or Twitter. I’ve no prizes yet but its only one week until the biggest competition I have run launches with three times the chances to win compared to 2016. More details here
You can still vote in the latest poll and tell me who your initial favourite couples are. As always you can select up to 3 choices.
Thanks to the pairings spoiler the launch show might not contain too many surprises but it is our first proper look at the class of 2017 and the 3 new female pros who have joined the lineup. In addition there is a tribute routine to the legend that is the late Sir Bruce Forsyth who sadly died last month.
What do you think of the launch show? And the class of 2017 now we’ve actually seen them on the dance floor. Was the tribute to Sir Bruce a fitting one? And how is new judge Shirley going to fit into Len’s shoes? As always you can let me know your thoughts on that or anything else to do with the Launch show right here in the comments or over on Facebook/Twitter. I don’t have any prizes for you quite yet but in 2 weeks time the largest competition I have run kicks off with triple the chances to win a prize compared to last series. All the info you need about that can be found here.
A poll is currently running but in the interest of keeping this post spoiler free just in case anyone who wants to remain spoiler free clicks on it I will only add the poll to the post once all the pairings have been announced. If you’ve already seen the spoiler and want to vote in the poll you can do so here
Spoiler season is here once again. And Strictly season too. The Launch Show is due to air on BBC1 on Saturday night but this wouldn’t be the Strictly Spoiler if I didn’t have a spoiler for you. And luckily I do. So who from the class of 2017 has been paired with who? No need to wait for the BBC to tell you because here are the pairings……
Mollie & AJ
Susan & Kevin
Alexandra & Gorka
Charlotte & Brendan
Ruth & Anton
Simon & Karen
Chizzy & Pasha
Debbie & Giovanni
Gemma & Aljaz
Aston & Janette
The Reverend Richard & Dianne
Davood & Nadiya
Joe & Katya
Jonnie & Oti
Brian & Amy
Complaints to the BBC
This spoiler has come from an audience mole through my usual sources and has also been confirmed by a second mole and should be accurate.
What do you think of the couples? You can let me know right here in the comments or over on Facebook or Twitter. No prizes for you YET but it’s good practice for the biggest competition I have ever run with triple the regular prizes compared to last year there is more chance to win in 2017 than ever before. More details can be found here
Or why not vote in the poll below and tell me who your favourite couples are. As always you can select up to three options.