I know I said there would be no competitions this series due to the ongoing pandemic but I’ve been looking down the back of the sofa and coppering up and I’ve managed to locate some prizes for the final weekend.
I have two £50 Amazon UK vouchers up for grabs to one lucky person on the Facebook Page and one lucky person over on Twitter during next week’s final.
All you have to do to enter is to join in with the discussion on either of those networks and make sure you like/follow the profiles on those networks.
Keep an eye out as I’ll be rushing out my series where I look at the finalists throughout the day as real life got in the way during the week. Don’t forget to comment on the posts on the social networks when you see them for your chance to win!
Boring Legal Bit
- The competition is open to all UK and Republic of Ireland residents with a Facebook or Twitter account with the exception of close friends/relatives of the promoter.
- The competition runs on 19/12/20 across the entire day. Entry opens from the time the promoter first posts on those networks during the day and closes at midnight.
- There are two prizes of a £50 Amazon UK voucher available. No cash or other alternative prize is available
- Entrants will be required to reply to any post put out by the promoter on the social networks during the promotional period. Only posts posted on the day of the promotion will count for the purposes of this competition. Replies to other posts may not be included in the draws and direct messages will not be included in the draws
- Entrants may enter multiple times across both networks however should an entrant be judged by the promoter to be spamming on those networks to be artificially inflating their entry count the promoter may disqualify those entries at his discretion. The purpose of this competition is to promote discussion during the final day. As long as entrants keep to the spirit of this entries should not be disqualified
- A winner will be selected at random from all valid comments on each network
- In the event that a selected winner is not following/liking the required social networking profiles or is ineligible for any other reason a redraw will take place on the same network
- Winners will be contacted on the respective social network and have 7 days to confirm acceptance of their prize and provide any details required in order to allow delivery of their prize. Any personal information provided will be processed under GDPR, only used for the purposes of allowing delivery of a prize and not passed onto any 3rd party with the exception of Amazon to allow delivery of the prize
- Should a winner not confirm acceptance of their prize or provide the required details within 7 days of being contacted the prize will be forfeit and will not be offered to another participant
- Prizes will be paid out within 6 weeks of the requested details being provided
- The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or withdraw the competition should it become necessary to do so for any reason outside of his control including but not limited to any issues arising because of Covid-19
- This competition is promoted by Dave Thorp t/a The Strictly Spoiler and is not connected with any other party
In a break with the norm when I usually have prizes up for grabs in the strictly season, I’ve got a competition for the off season
I have a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker in Chalk colour worth £49 up for grabs.
In order to enter the competition all you need to do is get an energy quote from Bulb using THIS LINK, switch your energy to Bulb using the link and then email the name of the person switching to bulb with the subject “April Competition” to email@example.com. Alternatively you can confirm your entry and switch on Facebook or Twitter using the links above
In addition to earning an entry in to the competition you also will receive a £50 bill credit when your switch completes and Bulb will also pay any exit fees that your old supplier may charge. Plus you’ll be switching to 100% green electric and 100% carbon neutral gas and doing your bit for the planet
Boring Legal Bit
- This competition is open to all UK residents excepting friends/family of the promoter
- The competition is open from 7th April 2019 until 30th April 2019 inclusive
- One prize is available which is a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker in the colour Chalk. No cash or other alternative is available
- The prize will be available in addition to any switch incentives which at the time of writing are £50 bill credit and exit fees paid by Bulb
- In order to enter you must complete an energy switch using the link on the competition page or through any links posted to social media and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the name of the person switching and with the subject “April Competition”
- As an alternative to the contact method above an entrant may also confirm their switch by contacting the promoter on Facebook or Twitter
- Entries will be matched up to referrals. In the event that an entry is unable to be matched up to a referral it will be void
- The switch must be initiated prior to the closing date and must complete in full in order for your entry to count
- A winner will be selected at random from all valid entries on 31st May 2019. Your switch must have completed by then and been initiated during the promotional period using the supplied link in order to be included in the draw
- The winner will be contacted by email or through social networking depending on the method they used to confirm their entry and will be required to provide a delivery address for the prize within 7 days of notification
- In the event of a winner not providing the required information within 7 days a redraw will take place
- Prizes will be delivered within 28 days
- Any personal information provided will be processed in accordance with GDPR and only used for the purposes of this competition
- This competition is promoted by Dave Thorp, trading as The Strictly Spoiler and is not connected with Bulb, Google or any other party
The Strictly Spoiler competition is back for 2018. With 4 £20 prizes to be won every week this is the largest competition I have run.
As per previous series to get involved all you have to do is comment on any of Strictly posts during a promotional week on any of the following 3 methods.
To get involved on Twitter simply follow @davejthorp and then reply to any of my Strictly tweets including the hashtag #StrictlySpoiler
To get involved on Facebook simply like The Strictly Spoiler on Facebook and then comment on any of the posts posted to that page
The Strictly Spoiler
Or you can get involved right here at the home of The Strictly Spoiler by commenting on any of the posts on this website each and every week
Each week there is a guaranteed £20 Amazon UK voucher up for grabs for each of the 3 entry methods.
However I did say there was 4 prizes to be won every week………..
Social Media Bonus Prize
Anyone who likes The Strictly Spoiler on Facebook or who follows me on Twitter is eligible to win the 4th bonus prize of a £20 Amazon UK voucher each week. All you have to do to enter is like/react/share/retweet the spoiler post when it comes in every week
Boring Legal Bit
- This competition is open to all UK and Republic of Ireland residents with the exception of any close friends or family members of the promoter.
- The competition runs from Saturday to Friday each and every week from 22/09/18 until 07/12/18. The final week of the competition will run from 08/12/18 until 16/12/18 (Saturday until the following Sunday)
- There is 1 (one) prize each week per entry method plus the social media bonus prize making 4 (four) prizes to be won each week.
- Prizes will be a £20 Amazon UK voucher which will be delivered by email to the winners
- Entry in each promotional period closes at 00:00 on Friday Night/Saturday Morning excepting the final promotional period which closes at 00:00 on Saturday Night/Sunday Morning
- Entry to the competition can be made using any or all of the entry routes described above by following the instructions above for each route. Entries must comply with all the requirements described above including liking or following any specified profiles or pages and the use of any applicable hashtags in order to count.
- Entrants are permitted to enter the competition through more than one entry route and more than once per entry route.
- Whilst entrants are permitted to enter the competition multiple times, should anyone be judged by the promoter to be spamming the comments system on this site or spamming on social networking sites or creating fake profiles in order to artificially inflate their number of entries, the promoter reserves the right to disqualify these entries. The aim of this competition is to promote discussion about the spoiler and Strictly in general both on this website and on the applicable social networking profiles. As long as entrants keep to the spirit of this it is unlikely an entry will be disqualified.
- Entrants will be required to comply with any house rules for discussion which will be available on the Strictly Spoiler website and/or the respective social networking profiles. If a winning comment does not comply with the house rules or a user is banned for breach of the house rules a redraw may take place
- Prize draws for the 3 main prizes will take place on each Saturday following a competition period except the final prize draw which will take place on the Monday following the competition period.
- One winner will be selected at random on each of the three entry methods and each winner will win a £20 Amazon UK Voucher
- The social media bonus prize will be selected at random from everyone who has interacted with the spoiler post (by liking/reacting/sharing/retweeting the post) from the time the post was posted to the social networks until the start of the not live results show and will be drawn after the results show. The winner of this prize will be announced on the respective social network
- In order to be eligible for the social media bonus prize all participants must be liking The Strictly Spoiler on Facebook or following @davejthorp on Twitter
- Interactions must be publicly viewable in order to count for the purposes of this competition
- For the purposes of this competition only the original spoiler post posted on each social network will count for interactions. Any interactions on subsequent posts will not count
- As there is no spoiler in the final week there will be no social media bonus prize that week, however the promoter may provide an alternative social media bonus prize that week at his own discretion details of which will be provided
- In the event a selected winner does not comply with the entry requirements, including the liking or following of any applicable social networking profiles at the time a draw takes place they will forfeit the prize and a redraw will take place.
- Winners will be contacted by the email address provided to the comments system or on the applicable social network and will be required to provide any further details required to deliver their prize, and confirm their acceptance of the prize within 7 days of being contacted otherwise the prize will be forfeit.
- Winners entering through the Disqus comments system will have 2 weeks to claim their prize and will be required to contact the promoter directly in order to claim their prize as the promoter will not receive their personal details due to new data protection regulations. The promoter reserves the right to carry out checks to check validity a prize claimant before awarding a prize which may include verifying partial email addresses or other personal details against the information the promoter holds. If the promoter is not able to establish a verified prize claim within 2 weeks of it being offered the prize will be considered forfeit
- In the event of a prize being forfeit under term 18 or 19 it will not be offered to another participant. The promoter may at his own discretion choose to pay out a prize that would normally be forfeit under this term however this is not guaranteed and will only be done at the promoters absolute discretion.
- Prizes will be delivered in 3 batches. Any prizes won during September/October will be delivered by the end of November. Any prizes won during November will be delivered by the end of December. Any prizes won during December will delivered by the end of January 2019. These are the latest dates people can expect to receive a prize and prizes may be delivered earlier than these dates at the promoters discretion.
- Prizes will be delivered to an email address provided by the winner and will be delivered directly by Amazon.
- Any personal information provided during entry or as a part of fulfilling a prize will processed in accordance with your rights under GDPR and only be used for the purposes of this competition, which includes any publicity as per term 24 below, but will not be used for any further marketing purposes for the Strictly Spoiler or any other enterprise operated by Dave Thorp nor will it be passed onto any 3rd party with the exception of Amazon where it is necessary to fulfil a prize
- Entrants will require an account with Amazon UK or will be required to register for an account with Amazon UK in order to redeem or use any prize and will be required to agree to any terms and conditions set by Amazon when using their products or services.
- The name of all winners will be announced on the Strictly Spoiler website and/or its associated social networking channels. Winners cannot opt out from this publicity and agree to publicity as a condition of accepting any prize.
- The promoter reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions or amend any entry methods should it become necessary to do so for any reason outside of the promoter’s control including but not limited to removal of social networking profiles by the BBC
- The promoter’s decision in all aspects of this competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The process for the random draws will be as follows. For main prizes each entry on each entry method will be allocated a number and a random number generator will select a winning entry. The entry will then be checked for compliance with the terms and conditions and if found to be valid the winner will be offered the prize. If for any reason an entry is invalid a new random number will be selected. For the social media bonus prize a social network will be selected by a coin toss. All entries on that network will be allocated a number and a random number generator will select a winning entry. The entry will then be checked for compliance with the terms and conditions and if found to be valid the winner will be offered the prize. If for any reason an entry is invalid a new random number will be selected on the same social network determined by the earlier coin toss.
- This competition is promoted by Dave Thorp, trading as The Strictly Spoiler (//www.strictlyspoiler.com) and is not connected with Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, The BBC or any other party.
- For the purposes of GDPR the data controller of any data provided in relation to this competition is Dave Thorp, trading as The Strictly Spoiler (//www.strictlyspoiler.com). GDPR enquiries can be directed to daveATstrictlyspoilerDOTcom