In a break with the norm when I usually have prizes up for grabs in the strictly season, I’ve got a competition for the off season
I have a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker in Chalk colour worth £49 up for grabs.
In order to enter the competition all you need to do is get an energy quote from Bulb using THIS LINK, switch your energy to Bulb using the link and then email the name of the person switching to bulb with the subject “April Competition” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can confirm your entry and switch on Facebook or Twitter using the links above
In addition to earning an entry in to the competition you also will receive a £50 bill credit when your switch completes and Bulb will also pay any exit fees that your old supplier may charge. Plus you’ll be switching to 100% green electric and 100% carbon neutral gas and doing your bit for the planet
Boring Legal Bit
- This competition is open to all UK residents excepting friends/family of the promoter
- The competition is open from 7th April 2019 until 30th April 2019 inclusive
- One prize is available which is a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker in the colour Chalk. No cash or other alternative is available
- The prize will be available in addition to any switch incentives which at the time of writing are £50 bill credit and exit fees paid by Bulb
- In order to enter you must complete an energy switch using the link on the competition page or through any links posted to social media and send an email to email@example.com detailing the name of the person switching and with the subject “April Competition”
- As an alternative to the contact method above an entrant may also confirm their switch by contacting the promoter on Facebook or Twitter
- Entries will be matched up to referrals. In the event that an entry is unable to be matched up to a referral it will be void
- The switch must be initiated prior to the closing date and must complete in full in order for your entry to count
- A winner will be selected at random from all valid entries on 31st May 2019. Your switch must have completed by then and been initiated during the promotional period using the supplied link in order to be included in the draw
- The winner will be contacted by email or through social networking depending on the method they used to confirm their entry and will be required to provide a delivery address for the prize within 7 days of notification
- In the event of a winner not providing the required information within 7 days a redraw will take place
- Prizes will be delivered within 28 days
- Any personal information provided will be processed in accordance with GDPR and only used for the purposes of this competition
- This competition is promoted by Dave Thorp, trading as The Strictly Spoiler and is not connected with Bulb, Google or any other party
The Strictly Spoiler competition is back for 2018. With 4 £20 prizes to be won every week this is the largest competition I have run.
As per previous series to get involved all you have to do is comment on any of Strictly posts during a promotional week on any of the following 3 methods.
To get involved on Twitter simply follow @davejthorp and then reply to any of my Strictly tweets including the hashtag #StrictlySpoiler
To get involved on Facebook simply like The Strictly Spoiler on Facebook and then comment on any of the posts posted to that page
The Strictly Spoiler
Or you can get involved right here at the home of The Strictly Spoiler by commenting on any of the posts on this website each and every week
Each week there is a guaranteed £20 Amazon UK voucher up for grabs for each of the 3 entry methods.
However I did say there was 4 prizes to be won every week………..
Social Media Bonus Prize
Anyone who likes The Strictly Spoiler on Facebook or who follows me on Twitter is eligible to win the 4th bonus prize of a £20 Amazon UK voucher each week. All you have to do to enter is like/react/share/retweet the spoiler post when it comes in every week
Boring Legal Bit
- This competition is open to all UK and Republic of Ireland residents with the exception of any close friends or family members of the promoter.
- The competition runs from Saturday to Friday each and every week from 22/09/18 until 07/12/18. The final week of the competition will run from 08/12/18 until 16/12/18 (Saturday until the following Sunday)
- There is 1 (one) prize each week per entry method plus the social media bonus prize making 4 (four) prizes to be won each week.
- Prizes will be a £20 Amazon UK voucher which will be delivered by email to the winners
- Entry in each promotional period closes at 00:00 on Friday Night/Saturday Morning excepting the final promotional period which closes at 00:00 on Saturday Night/Sunday Morning
- Entry to the competition can be made using any or all of the entry routes described above by following the instructions above for each route. Entries must comply with all the requirements described above including liking or following any specified profiles or pages and the use of any applicable hashtags in order to count.
- Entrants are permitted to enter the competition through more than one entry route and more than once per entry route.
- Whilst entrants are permitted to enter the competition multiple times, should anyone be judged by the promoter to be spamming the comments system on this site or spamming on social networking sites or creating fake profiles in order to artificially inflate their number of entries, the promoter reserves the right to disqualify these entries. The aim of this competition is to promote discussion about the spoiler and Strictly in general both on this website and on the applicable social networking profiles. As long as entrants keep to the spirit of this it is unlikely an entry will be disqualified.
- Entrants will be required to comply with any house rules for discussion which will be available on the Strictly Spoiler website and/or the respective social networking profiles. If a winning comment does not comply with the house rules or a user is banned for breach of the house rules a redraw may take place
- Prize draws for the 3 main prizes will take place on each Saturday following a competition period except the final prize draw which will take place on the Monday following the competition period.
- One winner will be selected at random on each of the three entry methods and each winner will win a £20 Amazon UK Voucher
- The social media bonus prize will be selected at random from everyone who has interacted with the spoiler post (by liking/reacting/sharing/retweeting the post) from the time the post was posted to the social networks until the start of the not live results show and will be drawn after the results show. The winner of this prize will be announced on the respective social network
- In order to be eligible for the social media bonus prize all participants must be liking The Strictly Spoiler on Facebook or following @davejthorp on Twitter
- Interactions must be publicly viewable in order to count for the purposes of this competition
- For the purposes of this competition only the original spoiler post posted on each social network will count for interactions. Any interactions on subsequent posts will not count
- As there is no spoiler in the final week there will be no social media bonus prize that week, however the promoter may provide an alternative social media bonus prize that week at his own discretion details of which will be provided
- In the event a selected winner does not comply with the entry requirements, including the liking or following of any applicable social networking profiles at the time a draw takes place they will forfeit the prize and a redraw will take place.
- Winners will be contacted by the email address provided to the comments system or on the applicable social network and will be required to provide any further details required to deliver their prize, and confirm their acceptance of the prize within 7 days of being contacted otherwise the prize will be forfeit.
- Winners entering through the Disqus comments system will have 2 weeks to claim their prize and will be required to contact the promoter directly in order to claim their prize as the promoter will not receive their personal details due to new data protection regulations. The promoter reserves the right to carry out checks to check validity a prize claimant before awarding a prize which may include verifying partial email addresses or other personal details against the information the promoter holds. If the promoter is not able to establish a verified prize claim within 2 weeks of it being offered the prize will be considered forfeit
- In the event of a prize being forfeit under term 18 or 19 it will not be offered to another participant. The promoter may at his own discretion choose to pay out a prize that would normally be forfeit under this term however this is not guaranteed and will only be done at the promoters absolute discretion.
- Prizes will be delivered in 3 batches. Any prizes won during September/October will be delivered by the end of November. Any prizes won during November will be delivered by the end of December. Any prizes won during December will delivered by the end of January 2019. These are the latest dates people can expect to receive a prize and prizes may be delivered earlier than these dates at the promoters discretion.
- Prizes will be delivered to an email address provided by the winner and will be delivered directly by Amazon.
- Any personal information provided during entry or as a part of fulfilling a prize will processed in accordance with your rights under GDPR and only be used for the purposes of this competition, which includes any publicity as per term 24 below, but will not be used for any further marketing purposes for the Strictly Spoiler or any other enterprise operated by Dave Thorp nor will it be passed onto any 3rd party with the exception of Amazon where it is necessary to fulfil a prize
- Entrants will require an account with Amazon UK or will be required to register for an account with Amazon UK in order to redeem or use any prize and will be required to agree to any terms and conditions set by Amazon when using their products or services.
- The name of all winners will be announced on the Strictly Spoiler website and/or its associated social networking channels. Winners cannot opt out from this publicity and agree to publicity as a condition of accepting any prize.
- The promoter reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions or amend any entry methods should it become necessary to do so for any reason outside of the promoter’s control including but not limited to removal of social networking profiles by the BBC
- The promoter’s decision in all aspects of this competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The process for the random draws will be as follows. For main prizes each entry on each entry method will be allocated a number and a random number generator will select a winning entry. The entry will then be checked for compliance with the terms and conditions and if found to be valid the winner will be offered the prize. If for any reason an entry is invalid a new random number will be selected. For the social media bonus prize a social network will be selected by a coin toss. All entries on that network will be allocated a number and a random number generator will select a winning entry. The entry will then be checked for compliance with the terms and conditions and if found to be valid the winner will be offered the prize. If for any reason an entry is invalid a new random number will be selected on the same social network determined by the earlier coin toss.
- This competition is promoted by Dave Thorp, trading as The Strictly Spoiler (//www.strictlyspoiler.com) and is not connected with Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, The BBC or any other party.
- For the purposes of GDPR the data controller of any data provided in relation to this competition is Dave Thorp, trading as The Strictly Spoiler (//www.strictlyspoiler.com). GDPR enquiries can be directed to daveATstrictlyspoilerDOTcom
Over the course of the next week it is expected that my Twitter follower count will reach and pass 10,000 followers. This is obviously a huge number and I couldn’t let the event pass by without doing something to celebrate.
So I’ve got a £50 amazon UK voucher up for grabs for one lucky follower on twitter. All you need to do is follow me, and then tag me (@davejthorp) in a tweet with the answer to this simple question
Will any judge get their 10 paddle out during week 4?
Please remember to include the hashtag #StrictlySpoiler10k and make sure you tag me or your entry will not count
Good luck and here’s the low budget terms and conditions
- This competition is open to all twitter users resident in the UK or the Republic of Ireland
- The competition is open from when this post is published until either my twitter account reaches 10k followers or the week 4 live show starts, whichever happens first
- There is one prize available which is a £50 Amazon UK voucher. No cash alternative is available
- To enter the competition you must send a tweet tagging @davejthorp with your answer to the above question and include the hashtag #StrictlySpoiler10k for your entry to count
- Entrants must be following @davejthorp on twitter for their entry to count. In the event a selected winner is not following the required account a redraw will take place
- Only one entry per twitter account will be allowed. Multiple entries will be discounted.
- Winners will be selected at random from all correct entries received prior to the competition closing who comply with all the entry requirements above
- Winners will be contacted by direct message on twitter and will be required to provide their email address in order to allow fulfilment of their prize
- Winners will require an account with amazon UK or will be required to sign up to an account with amazon UK in order to redeem their prize
- Any personal information provided will be used purely for the purposes of fulfilling a prize and will not be used for marketing purposes or passed on to any other party with the exception of amazon
- The promoter reserves the right to amend any of these terms and conditions or suspend the competition should it become necessary to do so for any reasons outside of the promoters control including, but not limited to, the removal of any social media profiles by the BBC
- The promoters decision in all aspects of this competition is final and no correspondence will be entered in to
- This competition is promoted by Dave Thorp trading as The Strictly Spoiler //www.strictlyspoiler.com and is not connected with Amazon, Twitter, The BBC or any other party