Firstly apologies for the lateness of this post (and the complete absence last week). It’s been a hectic week or so as my fiancée has been moving her stuff in. But The BBC announced the songs/dances for movie week a couple of days ago and for the benefit of the 3 of you who haven’t already checked them elsewhere I can reveal that our 14 remaining couples will be doing the following routines:
- Adam and Katya: Rumba to I See You by Leona Lewis, from Avatar
- AJ and Kai: American Smooth to I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston, from The Bodyguard
- Dan and Nadiya: Foxtrot to Once Upon a Dream by Seth MacFarlane, from Sleeping Beauty
- Greg and Karen: Paso Doble to The James Bond Theme by Monty Norman, from James Bond
- John and Johannes: Paso Doble to He’s a Pirate by Klaus Badelt, from Pirates of the Caribbean
- Judi and Graziano: Charleston to When You’re Good to Mama by Queen Latifah and Taye Diggs, from Chicago
- Katie and Gorka: American Smooth to Cruella De Vil by Mel Leven (Dr John version), from Cruella
- Rhys and Nancy: Couple’s Choice to Spiderman Main Theme by P. Webster and J. Harris, from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- Robert and Dianne: Quickstep to The Muppet Show Theme by The Muppets, from The Muppets Movie
- Rose and Giovanni: Foxtrot to Rose’s Theme by James Horner, from Titanic
- Sara and Aljaž: Samba to Best Years of Our Lives by Modern Romance, from Shrek
- Tilly and Nikita: Jive to Nicest Kids in Town by James Marsden, from Hairspray
- Tom and Amy: Jive to Johnny B Goode by Chuck Berry, from Back To The Future
- Ugo and Oti: Couple’s Choice to You’re Welcome by Dwayne Johnson, from Moana
Complaints to the BBC
What do you think of this week’s choices? As always you can let me know your thoughts about that or anything else to do with Strictly right here in the comments section or over on Facebook or Twitter. Each time you get involved in the discussion on the social networks you earn an entry into the biggest competition I have ever run with a whopping £500 voucher up for grabs for one lucky winner this series. Full details of the competition can be found here. Twitter users also look out for a spot prize currently up for grabs to celebrate hitting 40k followers which should happen in the next few days.
You can still vote in this week’s poll and tell me who got your vote with The BBC. You can select up to 3 options!
Last year hosting was costing me well over £500 a month and for last weekend my costs for the servers were £130. You can help me out with these costs by making a one time donation using THIS LINK or the button below. Please only do so if you can afford to do so and there is no obligation on anyone to help me out this way.
Or why not join the crew on Patreon. For less than the price of a coffee a month you gain access to the spoiler in an ad free form and also will gain access to the results of the exit poll providing the earliest indication as to how the dance off has gone each week minutes after The BBC vote closes and hours before the spoiler or any other spoiler source.
Or you can support me and earn yourselves £50 in the bargain by checking your energy prices and switching to Octopus Energy. Octopus have cheap green renewable energy, are a Which recommended supplier and are routinely cheaper than the energy price cap that many suppliers set their prices based on. The energy market is in turmoil at the moment with prices sky rocketing and the energy price cap due to rise by about £150. Dirt cheap deals may be gone and most suppliers are now setting their prices at the price cap but the £50 referral bonus from Octopus may make them more attractive than your current supplier so they are definitely worth a look though with the way the energy market currently is please make sure a switch is right for you before you do it. Octopus also do not lock you in (even on their fixed tariffs) so you would be free to leave again if/when the market settles down